[Previous] [Next] [Index] [Thread]

Re: Add CA's certifacte to Netscape Navigator 2.01

> I start the server in the way you told me(ie,start the server with option -z
> verify=0),but Netscape Navigator still can't work correctly and OS give out
> the same application error.Can you tell me how you solved this problem?

Hmm. This is quite interesting.
I run my server with
	httpd -d . -z ssl
And it works.

But if I run it with
	httpd -d . -z ssl -z verify=n
where n is any number including 0, it gives a GPF as you describe.

Looking at the code, it seems like specifying "-z verify=0" is the same
as not giving "-z verify" option at all. Looks like this will bear
further investigation.

Just for the record, these are the versions of the software I use:

	NCSA httpd 1.4.2 with the SSL 0.5.1 patch.
	SSLeay 0.5.1b
	Netscape 2.0

Cheers
Ravi